Re: pgsql: Remove the restriction that the relmap must be 512 bytes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove the restriction that the relmap must be 512 bytes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 1:42 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> If there's a magic number, then I'd (a) change that and (b) adjust
> whatever comments led you to think you shouldn't.  Bumping catversion
> is a good fallback choice when there's not any more-proximate version
> indicator, but here there is.

Maybe I just got cold feet because it doesn't ever have seem to have
been changed before, because the definition says:

#define RELMAPPER_FILEMAGIC     0x592717    /* version ID value */

And the fact that "version" is in there sure makes it seem like a
version number, now that I look again.

I'll add 1 to the value.

--
Robert Haas