Re: [POC] FETCH limited by bytes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [POC] FETCH limited by bytes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Revised in patch v3:
> * get_option() and get_fetch_size() removed, fetch_size searches added to
> existing loops.
> * Move fetch_size <= 0 tests into postgres_fdw_validator() routine in
> option.c
> * DEBUG1 message removed, never intended that to live beyond the proof of
> concept.
> * Missing regression test mentioned in makefile de-mentioned, as there's
> nothing to see without the DEBUG1 message.
> * Multi-line comment shrunk

Looks pretty good.  You seem to have added a blank line at the end of
postgres_fdw.c, which should be stripped back out.

> I'm not too keen on having *no* new regression tests, but defer to your
> judgement.

So... I'm not *opposed* to regression tests.  I just don't see a
reasonable way to write one.  If you've got an idea, I'm all ears.

> Still not sure what you mean by remote execution options. But it might be
> simpler now that the patch is closer to your expectations.

I'm talking about the documentation portion of the patch, which
regrettably seems to have disappeared between v2 and v3.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company