Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 9:02 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh wait ... you want it the other way. Yeah, that seems harmless to
> change. I wonder how many others there are that could be changed
> similarly...

I went through configure.ac looking for instances of
AC_CHECK_HEADERS() where the corresponding symbol was not used. I
found four:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS(lz4.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([lz4.h header file is
required for LZ4])])
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi/gssapi.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([gssapi.h header
file is required for GSSAPI])])])
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(ldap.h, [], [AC_MSG_ERROR([header file <ldap.h> is
required for LDAP])]
AC_CHECK_HEADER(winldap.h, [], ...stuff...)

I guess we could clean all of those up similarly.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com