git push hook to check for outdated timestamps - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject git push hook to check for outdated timestamps
Date
Re: git push hook to check for outdated timestamps  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Could we update our git hook to refuse a push of a new commit whose
timestamp is more than, say, 24 hours in the past?  Our commit history
has some timestamps in it now that are over a month off, and it's
really easy to do, because when you rebase a commit, it keeps the old
timestamp.  If you then merge or cherry-pick that into an official
branch rather than patch + commit, you end up with this problem unless
you are careful to fix it by hand.  It would be nice to prevent
further mistakes of this sort, as they create confusion.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company