Re: Collation version tracking for macOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 4:10 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I mean by "false positive" is telling every macOS user that they'd better
> reindex everything every year, when in point of fact Apple changes those
> collations almost never.

Do we actually know that to be true? Given how fast things seem to be
getting added to Unicode, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're
updating their Unicode tables for new characters with some regularity,
if nothing else, and that's a breaking change for us.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com