Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 12:01 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well this is not really surprising to me because what I have noticed
> is that with the new approach the createdb time is completely
> dependent upon the template db size.  So if the source db size is 10GB
> it is taking around 80sec and the shared buffers size does not have a
> major impact.  Maybe a very small shared buffer can have more impact
> so I will test that as well.

OK. Well, then this approach is somewhat worse than I expected for
moderately large template databases. But it seems very good for small
template databases, especially when there is other work in progress on
the system.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com