Re: [HACKERS] Do we create a new roadmap page for development? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Do we create a new roadmap page for development?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 2:36 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
<tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> I'd like to share our roadmap for PostgreSQL development, as other companies and individuals do in the following
page. But this page is for PostgreSQL 10.

> PostgreSQL10 Roadmap
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL10_Roadmap
>
> Should I create a page for PostgreSQL 11 likewise?  Or, do you want a more stable page named "PostgreSQL Roadmap"
insteadof "PostgreSQL11 Roadmap" and attach the target version to each feature as in "Feature X (V11)", so that we can
representmore longer-term goals?

I think a page that's just called PostgreSQL Roadmap will get out of
date pretty quickly.  Ultimately it'll end up like the TODO list,
which is not really a list of things TO DO.  The advantage of the
version-specific pages is that old information kind of ages its way
out of the system.

> And, why don't we add a link to the above roadmap page in the "Development information" page?
>
> Development information
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_information

I'm sure nobody will object to you doing that.  It's a wiki, and
intended to be edited.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company