Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results into variables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results into variables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 1:44 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> I have no doubt that some MUA around would forget to do the conversion.
>
> FWIW, one reason that I invariably use patch(1) to apply submitted patches
> is that it will take care of stripping any CRs that may have snuck in.
> So I'm not particularly fussed about the problem.

Yeah.  I think that we shouldn't care about this, or about
context/unified diffs, or really anything other than that patch can
apply it.  Once you apply it, you can issue the correct incantation to
see it in whatever format you prefer.  If it's a whole patch stack, it
makes sense to use 'git format-patch' to generate the patches, because
then it's a lot easier to apply the whole stack, but for a single
patch it really doesn't matter.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company