Re: controlling the location of server-side SSL files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: controlling the location of server-side SSL files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On mån, 2012-01-02 at 23:42 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
>>
>> > One option per file:
>>
>> That seems like serious overkill.  Why not one option specifying the
>> directory?  What use-case is there for letting them be in different
>> directories, let alone letting the DBA choose random names for each one?
>
> [ reasons ]

I agree with these reasons.  We don't get charged $0.50 per GUC, so
there's no particular reason to contort things to have fewer of them.
It's nice where it's possible, of course, but not when it makes people
contort things to support the way we think our users should lay out
their filesystem.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company