Re: FORCE ROW LEVEL SECURITY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: FORCE ROW LEVEL SECURITY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
>> FORCE ROW LEVEL SECURITY doesn't behave as I would expect.
>>
>> rhaas=# create policy hideit on foo1 using (a < 3);
>> CREATE POLICY
>> rhaas=# explain select * from foo1;
>>                        QUERY PLAN
>>  Seq Scan on foo1  (cost=0.00..22.70 rows=1270 width=36)
>> (1 row)
>> rhaas=# alter table foo force row level security;
>> ALTER TABLE
>> rhaas=# alter table foo1 enable row level security;
>> ALTER TABLE
>
> Sorry if my prior wasn't clear, but above you do 'foo' and 'foo1'
> independently.
>
> Did you intend to alter table 'foo'?

Hmm.  I've clearly done both, but it still doesn't work:

rhaas=# alter table foo1 enable row level security;
ALTER TABLE
rhaas=# alter table foo1 force row level security;
ALTER TABLE
rhaas=# \d foo1    Table "public.foo1"Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+-----------a      | integer | not nullb      | text    |
Policies (Forced Row Security Enabled):   POLICY "hideit" FOR ALL     USING ((a < 3))
Inherits: foo

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company