Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> So we should move this loading of blocks once the recovery reaches a
> consistent state so that we can connect to a database.  To allow
> worker, to take a lock, we need to dump relation oid as well.  Is that
> what you are envisioning to fix this problem?

No.  The relation -> relfilenode mapping isn't constant, and the
dumping process has no way to get the relation OIDs from the
relfilenodes anyway.  I think what you need to do is dump the
relfilenodes as at present, but then at restore time you need a worker
per database, and it connects to the database and then uses the
infrastructure added by f01d1ae3a104019d6d68aeff85c4816a275130b3 to
discover what relation OID, if any, currently corresponds to the
proposed relfilenode.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company