Re: in-catalog Extension Scripts and Control parameters (templates?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: in-catalog Extension Scripts and Control parameters (templates?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Surely creating an extension template must be a superuser-only
>> operation, in which case this is an issue because Mallory could also
>> have just blown up the world directly if he's already a superuser
>> anyway.
>
> Yeah .. (except "this is NOT an issue")
>
>> If the current patch isn't enforcing that, it's 100% broken.
>
> Even if it's not enforcing that, it's not 100% broken, it only contains
> one more bug we need to fix.

Sure.  I didn't mean that such a mistake would make the patch
unsalvageable, only that it would be disastrous from a security point
of view.  But as you say, pretty easy to fix.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company