Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Default setting for enable_hashagg_disk
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 7:49 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> It it really any different from our enable_* GUCs? Even if you do e.g.
> enable_sort=off, we may still do a sort. Same for enable_groupagg etc.

I think it's actually pretty different. All of the other enable_* GUCs
disable an entire type of plan node, except for cases where that would
otherwise result in planning failure. This just disables a portion of
the planning logic for a certain kind of node, without actually
disabling the whole node type. I'm not sure that's a bad idea, but it
definitely seems to be inconsistent with what we've done in the past.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company