Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve access to parallel queryfrom procedural languages. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve access to parallel queryfrom procedural languages.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:02 AM, Rafia Sabih
<rafia.sabih@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 9:05 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, but don't pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects and
>> pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands need the same treatment?
>>
> Done.
> I was only concentrating on the build farm failure cases, otherwise I
> think more work might be required in this direction.

Sure, but there's some happy medium between checking every line in
pg_proc.h for an error and checking nothing other than the functions
immediately.  In this case, there's a group of 4 similarly-named
functions with a similar problem and you changed only the middle two.
Trying to audit the entire file for other mistakes is probably a
fruitless response to this discovery, but auditing the other functions
defined in the same file and with the same naming pattern as the one
you changed seems like something you should do.

Anyway, thanks for debugging this.  Committed this version.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company