Re: v12 and pg_restore -f- - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: v12 and pg_restore -f-
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:07 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I think this teapot doesn't need the tempest, and nobody's drowning in
> it anyway.

Yeah, I think we're getting awfully worked up over not much. If I had
been reviewing this feature initially, I believe I would have voted
for making -f- go to stdout first, and requiring it only in a later
release. But what's done is done. I don't see this as being such an
emergency as to justify whacking around the back-branches or reverting
already-release features. We could easily cause more damage by jerking
the behavior around than was caused by the original decision.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company