Re: DROP and ddl_command_end. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: DROP and ddl_command_end.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 11:54 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, right and I know. I intended the sample being simple, but sorry
> for the bogus example. But the problem is not there. The problem is,
> the trigger is called for DROP, the function returns no tuples. I'm
> not sure DROP is the only command to cause the behavior, but if no
> tuples means DROP, we should document that behavior.  Otherwise, we
> need to document something  like:
>
> "pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands() may omit some of the commands and may
>  return no tuples."
>
> But it is quite odd.

Well, I'm not sure what you're saying here. It seems like you're
saying the feature is broken. If that's true, instead of documenting
that it doesn't work, shouldn't we fix it?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company