Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints  (Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 5:00 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my previous patch mistakenly I used src_dboid instead of
> dest_dboid.  Fixed in this version.  For destination db I have used
> lock mode as  AccessSharedLock.  Logically if we see access wise we
> don't want anyone else to be accessing that db but that is anyway
> protected because it is not visible to anyone else.  So I think
> AccessSharedLock should be correct here because we are just taking
> this lock because we are accessing pages in shared buffers from this
> database's relations.

Here's my worked-over version of your previous patch. I haven't tried
to incorporate your incremental patch that you just posted.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment