Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry membersenrname and enrtup - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix problems related to RangeTblEntry membersenrname and enrtup
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> This really should have involved a catversion bump.  But we just
>>> had one earlier today, so in practice it might not matter.
>
>> Oh, because of stored rules using the old RangeTblEntry serialization
>> format?  Sorry, I totally missed that.
>
> Yeah, exactly.  In practice I'm not sure a stored rule/view could contain
> an RTE_NAMEDTUPLESTORE RangeTblEntry, but if it did, there'd be a problem.

I think that's not possible, so we're probably fine, even apart from
the fact that we've bumped catversion multiple times since beta1.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company