Re: EXPLAIN VERBOSE with parallel Aggregate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: EXPLAIN VERBOSE with parallel Aggregate
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 5:36 PM, David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I really don't think that we should print FILTER details in a combine
> aggregate node. We'd be claiming to be doing something that we're
> actually not doing. Please see advance_aggregates() in nodeAgg.c, and
> compare that to combine_aggregates(), which is used when combineStates
> == true. Notice that only advance_aggregates() bothers with the
> aggfilter clause.

I think you're wrong.  The Output line says what that node outputs,
not how it's computed.  And a FinalizeAggregate on top of a
PartialAggregate produces the same output as an Aggregate.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company