Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_test_timing utility, to measure clock monotonicity and timing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_test_timing utility, to measure clock monotonicity and timing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> How about:  ".. %10" INT64_FORMAT " .. " ?
>
> Well, it won't work because unlike <inttypes.h>, Postgres *_FORMAT
> includes '%' in it.
>
> I guess that why <inttypes.h> does not do it...

Hmm, I guess we could change that, but it would create a hazard for
thirty-party code that wants to be cross-version, and for
back-patching.  We could work around that by doing something more
complex, like creating additional symbols, but I'm thinking it ain't
worth it just for this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company