Re: Log a sample of transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Log a sample of transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 8:23 AM Adrien NAYRAT
<adrien.nayrat@anayrat.info> wrote:
> On 1/18/19 9:03 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > But if you have trouble with a specific transaction, how will a setting
> > help that randomly logs transactions, not necessarily the one you are
> > concerned about?
>
> Yes, it assumes your application performs same type of transaction.
> Maybe the use case is too specific to have this feature in core?

It doesn't sound too crazy to me.  Say you log a sample of statements.
But then you're like, wow, this is hard to interpret, because I don't
know what happened earlier in the transaction.  So then you use this
feature instead.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company