Re: Comment update to pathnode.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Comment update to pathnode.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> The comments for create_foreignscan_path says as follows, but that it's
> now possible that the function is called by GetForeignJoinPaths, which
> was added in 9.5.
>
> 1450 /*
> 1451  * create_foreignscan_path
> 1452  *    Creates a path corresponding to a scan of a foreign table,
> 1453  *    returning the pathnode.
> 1454  *
> 1455  * This function is never called from core Postgres; rather, it's
> expected
> 1456  * to be called by the GetForeignPaths function of a foreign data
> wrapper.
> 1457  * We make the FDW supply all fields of the path, since we do not
> have any
> 1458  * way to calculate them in core.
> 1459  */
>
> So, I've updated the comments.  Please find attached a patch.

I would write "to be called by the GetForeignPaths or
GetForeignJoinPaths function" to keep it a bit more concise.  And I
would reflow the paragraph.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company