Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 11:42 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I might have missed it because I just skimmed the patch. But I still think it
> should contain a comment detailing why accessing catalogs from another
> database is safe in this instance, and perhaps a comment or three in places
> that could break it (e.g. snapshot computation, horizon stuff).

Please see the function header comment for ScanSourceDatabasePgClass.
I don't quite see how changes in those places would break this, but if
you want to be more specific perhaps I will see the light?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com