Re: Improve the granularity of PQsocketPoll's timeout parameter? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Improve the granularity of PQsocketPoll's timeout parameter?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 1:53 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> * I decided to invent a typedef
>
>         typedef pg_int64 PGusec_time_t;
>
> instead of writing "pg_int64" explicitly everywhere.  This is perhaps
> not as useful as it was when I was thinking the definition would be
> "long long int", but it still seems to add some readability.  In my
> eyes anyway ... anyone think differently?

I don't think it's a bad idea to have a typedef, but that particular
one is pretty unreadable. Mmm, let's separate some things with
underscores and others by a change in the capitalization conventIon!

I assume you're following an existing convention and therefore this is
the Right Thing To Do, but if there's some other approach that is less
like line noise, that would be great.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com