Re: Fix comment in ATExecValidateConstraint - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Fix comment in ATExecValidateConstraint
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 5:15 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2016/07/25 17:18, Amit Langote wrote:
>> The comment seems to have been copied from ATExecAddColumn, which says:
>>
>>  /*
>>   * If we are told not to recurse, there had better not be any
>> - * child tables; else the addition would put them out of step.
>>
>> For ATExecValidateConstraint, it should say something like:
>>
>> + * child tables; else validating the constraint would put them
>> + * out of step.
>>
>> Attached patch fixes it.
>
> I noticed that the ALTER TABLE documentation doesn't mention that VALIDATE
> CONSTRAINT will fail if ONLY is specified and there are descendant tables.
>  It only mentions that a constraint cannot be renamed unless also renamed
> in the descendant tables.
>
> Attached patch fixes that.

I did some wordsmithing on the two patches you posted to this thread.
I suggest the attached version.  What do you think?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment