Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw withpartition wise join enabled. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw withpartition wise join enabled.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 7:46 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> I posted the updated patch [1].

Etsuro-san:

I really think we should just go with what Ashutosh had proposed.
Tom, Ashutosh, and I all seem to agree that we shouldn't try to
re-jigger things at create-plan time.  I think that a 3-1 consensus
against your proposal is sufficient to say we shouldn't go that way.

Now, here you've got a new approach which avoids that, which I have
not yet reviewed.  I'll try to spend some time on it this afternoon,
but really, I think it's too late for this.  This bug was reported in
February, and we're supposed to be pushing 11 final out the door in
not much more than a month.  Proposing a new approach in August is not
good.  Can't we just do what Ashutosh proposed for now and revisit
this for v12?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company