Re: Is Postgres database server works fine if there is a change in system time? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Is Postgres database server works fine if there is a change in system time?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:36 AM, Prakash Itnal <prakash074@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently we observed that certain postgres child process, for eg.
> autovacuum worker, are not working as expected if there is a system time
> change. So I wanted to know if postgres already supports system time changes
> or not.
>
> Please confirm if postgres already handles system time changes or not.

I think it's our intention to be reasonably resilient against such
changes.  Perfect resilient is likely impossible, but I think it's our
general goal not to throw up and die.  If you find cases where we do,
please report them.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company