Re: extensible options syntax for replication parser? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: extensible options syntax for replication parser?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 8:11 AM Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
> > +        <term><literal>CHECKPOINT { 'fast' | 'spread' }</replaceable></literal></term>
>
> Unpaired </replaceable> tag in docs.
>
> That was all I noticed in 0001. Still not sure where is the difference between "change NOWAIT to WAIT" and "change
NOWAITto something else descriptive". But fine, I can live with WAIT. (one note: the exact command is visible to the
userwhen log_replication_commands is enabled, not completely hidden)

> 0002 breaks "create subscription (with create_slot true)" when the publish server is an earlier version:
>
> postgres=# create subscription test CONNECTION 'host=127.0.0.1 user=postgres' PUBLICATION test with (create_slot =
true);
> ERROR:  could not create replication slot "test": ERROR:  syntax error

Thanks. I have attempted to fix these problems in the attached version.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment