Re: pgsql: Add suport for server-side LZ4 base backup compression. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pgsql: Add suport for server-side LZ4 base backup compression.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:39 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Perhaps you'd better check that 'decompress_program' can be executed
> and skip things if the command is not around?  Note that
> 020_pg_receivewal.pl does an extra lz4 --version as a safety measure,
> but 008_untar.pl does not.

You may be right, but I'm not entirely convinced. $ENV{'LZ4'} here is
being set by make, and make is setting it to whatever configure found.
If configure found a version of the lz4 program that doesn't actually
work, isn't that configure's fault, or the system administrator's
fault, rather than this test's fault?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com