Re: pgsql: Report progress of startup operations that take a long time. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pgsql: Report progress of startup operations that take a long time.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 5:23 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I noticed that the docs for this don't mention the default value and how
> can it be changed.  I propose something like the attached, where I also
> change the order of things so that the example is in a separate
> paragraph and the reference blurb is all together.

OK. I don't mind that. I wasn't sure if it was our practice to mention
the default value in all cases. Maybe I should have checked more
carefully.

> I was also going to complain that this failed to keep the alphabetical
> order of the entries, but there was quite a mess already before this
> patch, so I'd rather not get into that.

Well, I suppose that's up to you. :-)

--
Robert Haas