Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternativehosts when some errors occur - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternativehosts when some errors occur
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 7:06 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I am of the opinion to not have an implementation based on any
> SQLSTATE codes, as well as not doing something similar to JDBC.
> Keeping things simple is one reason, a second is that the approach
> taken by libpq is correct at its root.

Because why?

I was initially on the same side as you and Tom, but now I'm really
wavering.  What good is a feature that's supposed to find you a usable
connection if it sometimes decides not to find one?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company