Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date
Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 10:08 AM Drouvot, Bertrand
<bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> > After 1489b1ce728 the name mayConflictInLogicalDecoding seems odd. Seems
> > it should be a riff on snapshotConflictHorizon?
>
> Gotcha, what about logicalSnapshotConflictThreat?

logicalConflictPossible? checkDecodingConflict?

I think we should try to keep this to three words if we can. There's
not likely to be enough value in a fourth word to make up for the
downside of being more verbose.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com