Re: [HACKERS] UPDATE of partition key - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] UPDATE of partition key
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 4:37 AM, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached rebased patch.

Committed with a bunch of mostly-cosmetic revisions.  I removed the
macro you added, which has a multiple evaluation hazard, and just put
that logic back into the function.  I don't think it's likely to
matter for performance, and this way is safer.  I removed an inline
keyword from another static function as well; better to let the
compiler decide what to do.  I rearranged a few things to shorten some
long lines, too.  Aside from that I think all of the changes I made
were to comments and documentation.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company