Re: Something fishy happening on frogmouth - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Something fishy happening on frogmouth
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I find it hard to believe this is the right fix.  I know we have
> similar code in win32_shmem.c, but surely if size is a 32-bit unsigned
> quantity then size >> 0 is simply 0 anyway.

Gosh, I stand corrected.  According to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/336xbhcz.aspx --

"The result is undefined if the right operand of a shift expression is
negative or if the right operand is greater than or equal to the
number of bits in the (promoted) left operand. No shift operation is
performed if the right operand is zero (0)."

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company