Re: [HACKERS] [POC] hash partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [POC] hash partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:39 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> Agreed.  Perhaps both types of syntax should be supported, one that is
> friendly to users and one that is precise for dump tools and those who
> care get in the weeds.

Eventually, sure.  For the first version, I want to skip the friendly
syntax and just add the necessary syntax.  That makes it easier to
make sure that pg_dump and everything are working the way you want.
Range and list partitioning could potentially grow convenience syntax
around partition creation, too, but that wasn't essential for the
first patch, so we cut it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company