Re: Postgres TR for missing chunk - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Postgres TR for missing chunk
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:02 AM, M Tarkeshwar Rao
<m.tarkeshwar.rao@ericsson.com> wrote:
> Can you please tell me the how can I track the which bugs are fixed in which
> release and when they will be fixed,

We don't have a bug tracker, but you can look at the mailing list
threads and the source code repository.

> BUG #9187: corrupt toast tables
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/30154.1392153590@sss.pgh.pa.us
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFj8pRAufPtTn5+ohFqPbcd1JzkErsCK51UAkHCWd8nt4osXjA@mail.gmail.com
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20140211162408.2713.81446@wrigleys.postgresql.org

There's not enough information in that bug report for us to be certain
whether it's a hardware issue or a bug, so I wouldn't expect any
further action on that particular report.

> BUG #7819: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 1235919 in pg_toast_35328
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/C62EC84B2D3CF847899CCF4B589CCF70B20AA08F@BBMBX.backbone.local

I don't think this has been fixed, but it's probably unlikely to
account for your issue.  It seems that errors due to this problem
would be transient, and you'd have to be doing something strange, like
increasing vacuum_defer_cleanup_age on the fly.  If you're seeing the
same error on the same TOAST table and TOAST value repeatedly, there's
something else going on.  More details might help us figure out what.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company