Re: [REVIEW] pg_last_xact_insert_timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [REVIEW] pg_last_xact_insert_timestamp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> If the feature could not be done another way, easily, I might agree.

I don't see that you've offered a reasonable alternative.  The
alternative proposals that you proposed don't appear to me to be
solving the same problem.  AIUI, the requested feature is to be able
to get, on the master, the timestamp of the last commit or abort, just
as we can already get the timestamp of the last commit or abort
replayed on the standby.  Nothing you WAL log and no messages you send
to the standby are going to accomplish that goal.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company