Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world
Date
Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world  ("Joel Jacobson" <joel@compiler.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 3:19 PM Joel Jacobson <joel@compiler.org> wrote:
> I've compiled a list of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world:
>
> https://gist.github.com/joelonsql/e5aa27f8cc9bd22b8999b7de8aee9d47
>
> *) It's not all, but 1041, compared to the 338 found on PGXN.
>
> Maybe it would be an idea to provide a lightweight solution,
> e.g. maintaining a simple curated list of repo urls,
> published at postgresql.org or wiki.postgresql.org,
> with a simple form allowing missing repos to be suggested for insertion?

I think a list like this is probably not useful without at least a
brief description of each one, and maybe some attempt at
categorization. If I want a PostgreSQL extension to bake tasty
lasagne, I'm not going to go scroll through 1041 entries and hope
something jumps out at me. I'm going to Google "PostgreSQL lasagne
extension" and see if anything promising shows up. But if I had a list
that were organized by category, I might try looking for a relevant
category and then reading the blurbs for each one...

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com