Re: Enhancement Idea - Expose the active value of a parameter in pg_settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Enhancement Idea - Expose the active value of a parameter in pg_settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Greg Clough <greg.clough@ipreo.com> wrote:
> Many thanks for the quick consideration, even if it's ultimately a rejection.  Figuring out some SQL that will work
acrossall platforms, versions, and compile-time options will be "fun", but I'm up for a challenge.

Why would you need different SQL for this on different platforms or
with different compile-time options?

I agree that there could be some variation across major versions, but
I don't think there's a lot.

BTW, posting to a public mailing list with a giant blob of legalese
about confidential information in your signature is kind of silly.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company