Re: fix typos - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: fix typos
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 4:32 AM Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > The part of the sentence inside parentheses is not clear to me, before
> > or after the patch:
> >
> >      Dropping an extension causes its component objects, and other
> > explicitly
> >      dependent routines (see <xref linkend="sql-alterroutine"/>,
> > -   the depends on extension action), to be dropped as well.
> > +   that depend on extension action), to be dropped as well.
> >     </para>
> >

> Hm, I see what you mean, I did not notice that earlier and I won't make
> a guess as to intention.  Maybe Bruce can have another look? (commit
> 5fe2d4c56e)

I think that it's talking about this (documented) syntax:

ALTER ROUTINE name [ ( [ [ argmode ] [ argname ] argtype [, ...] ] ) ]
    [ NO ] DEPENDS ON EXTENSION extension_name

So the change from "depends" to "depend" here is incorrect. Maybe we
can say something like:

the <literal>DEPENDS ON EXTENSION
<replaceable>extension_name</replaceable><literal> action

(I haven't tested whether this markup works.)

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com