Re: log_min_messages shows debug instead of debug2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: log_min_messages shows debug instead of debug2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 4:58 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> It's not about me, but without knowing the history, "debug" can
> look as if it is less chatty than "debug2" or even "debug1". All
> log level of "debugN" are seen as DEBUG in log lines. Thus
> showing "debug2" as just "debug" may obfuscate the cause of
> having so many log lines.
>
> From another view point, it can be thought as not-good that print
> a value with a hidden word.
>
> In short, I submit +1 for this.

OK, I'm happy enough to commit it then, barring other objections.  I
was just going to just do that but then I realized we're in feature
freeze right now, so I suppose this should go into the next
CommitFest.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company