Re: removal of dangling temp tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: removal of dangling temp tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 6:35 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hm.  It *could*, if we wanted it to run some transactions after
> finishing recovery.

It'd have to launch a separate process per database.  That would be
useful infrastructure for other things, too, like automatic catalog
upgrades in minor releases, but I'm not volunteering to write that
infrastructure right now.

> Alternatively, maybe we could have backends flag whether they've
> taken ownership of their temp schemas or not, and let autovacuum
> flush old temp tables if not?

Yes, that seems like a possibly promising approach.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company