Re: Memory leaks in record_out and record_send - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Memory leaks in record_out and record_send
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I wonder though if we ought to think about running output functions in
> a short-lived memory context instead of the executor's main context.
> We've considered that before, I think, and it's always been the path
> of least resistance to fix the output functions instead --- but there
> will always be another leak I'm afraid.

Such is the lot of people who code in C.  I worry that the number of
memory contexts we're kicking around already is imposing a significant
distributed overhead on the system that is hard to measure but
nevertheless real, and that this will add to it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company