Re: Why does load_external_function() return PGFunction? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Why does load_external_function() return PGFunction?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I don't think it really changes the need, but it's worthwhile to note
> that gcc-8 warns about this now:
> /home/andres/src/postgresql/src/backend/postmaster/bgworker.c: In function ‘LookupBackgroundWorkerFunction’:
> /home/andres/src/postgresql/src/backend/postmaster/bgworker.c:1246:9: warning: cast between incompatible function
typesfrom ‘PGFunction’ {aka ‘long unsigned int (*)(struct FunctionCallInfoData *)’} to ‘void (*)(Datum)’ {aka ‘void
(*)(longunsigned int)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
>   return (bgworker_main_type)

That's probably going to mean we need, or at least want, to do
something about this at some point.  Warning-free compiles are
desirable.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company