Re: Radix tree for character conversion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Radix tree for character conversion
Date
Re: Radix tree for character conversion  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 6:46 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> Ouch. We should find and document an authoritative source for all the
> mappings we have...
>
> I think the next steps here are:
>
> 1. Find an authoritative source for all the existing mappings.
> 2. Generate the radix tree files directly from the authoritative sources,
> instead of the existing *.map files.
> 3. Completely replace the existing binary-search code with this.

It might be best to convert using the existing map files, and then
update the mappings later.  Otherwise, when things break, you won't
know what to blame.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company