Re: dblink_get_connections() result for no connections - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: dblink_get_connections() result for no connections
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> While fooling around with the array_agg(anyarray) patch, I noted
> that dblink_get_connections() returns NULL if there are no active
> connections.  It seems like an empty array might be a saner
> definition --- thoughts?

I don't think it matters much.  I wouldn't break backward
compatibility to change it from this behavior to that one, and if we'd
picked the other one I wouldn't break compatibility to change it to
this behavior.  Anybody who cares can wrap a COALESCE() around it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company