Re: fixing CREATEROLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: fixing CREATEROLE
Date
Re: fixing CREATEROLE
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 6:32 PM David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> Desirable follow-on patches include:
>
> 1) Automatically install an additional membership grant, with the CREATEROLE user as the grantor, specifying INHERIT
ORSET as TRUE (I personally favor attaching these to ALTER ROLE, modifiable only by oneself)

Hmm, that's an interesting alternative to what I actually implemented.
Some people might like it better, because it puts the behavior fully
under the control of the CREATEROLE user, which a number of you seem
to favor.

I suppose if we did it that way, it could even be a GUC, like
create_role_automatic_grant_options.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com