Re: allowing for control over SET ROLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: allowing for control over SET ROLE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 1:00 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 04:19:15PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> > Fixed that, and the other mistake Álvaro spotted, and also bumped
> > catversion because I forgot that earlier.
>
> I was looking at this code yesterday, to see today that psql's
> completion should be completed with this new clause, similary to ADMIN
> and INHERIT.

Seems like a good idea but I'm not sure about this hunk:

  TailMatches("GRANT|REVOKE", "ALTER", "SYSTEM") ||
- TailMatches("REVOKE", "GRANT", "OPTION", "FOR", "ALTER", "SYSTEM"))
+ TailMatches("REVOKE", "GRANT", "OPTION", "FOR", "ALTER", "SYSTEM") ||
+ TailMatches("REVOKE", "GRANT", "OPTION", "FOR", "SET"))

That might be a correct change for other reasons, but it doesn't seem
related to this patch. The rest looks good.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com