Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Foreign join pushdown vs EvalPlanQual
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:08 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> IIRC, Horiguchi-san also pointed that out. Honestly, I also think that that
> is weird, but IIUC, I think it can't hurt. What I was concerned about was
> EXPLAIN, but EXPLAIN doesn't handle an EvalPlanQual PlanState tree at least
> currently.

This has come up a few times before and some people have argued for
changing the coding rule.  Nevertheless, for now, it is the rule.
IMHO, it's a pretty good rule that makes things easier to understand
and reason about.  If there's an argument for changing it, it's
performance, not developer convenience.  Anyway, we should try to fix
this problem without getting tangled in that argument.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company