Re: Multixid hindsight design - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Multixid hindsight design
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Though TED sounds nice, the way to avoid another round of on-disk bugs is by
> using a new kind of testing, not simply by moving the bits around.

I agree that we can do much better at testing than we traditionally
have done, and I think pretty much everyone in the room for the
developer unconference session on testing at PGCon was also in
agreement with that.  I really like the idea of taking purpose-built
testing frameworks - like the one that Heikki created for the WAL
format changes - and polishing them to the point where they can go
into core.  That's more work, of course, but very beneficial.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company